Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Staying Raw on the Weekends

Are you having problems staying on the raw food wagon on the weekends?  Well, I am! I do very well during the week, but on the weekends, I am out and I don't think about bringing my food.  That means I am eating out and sometimes I am eating, foods that I would not normally eat.

I had a helpful conversation with  my Twitter friend (Genesisone29) and she gave me some good pointers.  I know to do these things, but it didn't click until she shared her pointers.

Thank you, Genesisone29 for taking time to help little ole me. 

Surviving the Weekend
  • Planning and preparing are key to being successful with eating the raw food diet.  It is almost impossible to stick to a raw vegan diet without any planning.  No planning equals failure.  
  • Set simple goals for the weekend. 
  • Eat raw for 1 meal and the next weekend add a snack.  Gradually increase the amount of raw foods you eat on the weekends.
  • Aim for 70% raw on the weekends and allow yourself more flexibility.
  • Keep lots of cut up veggies on hand so you can carry them with you.

Group Discussion:  How do you stick to a raw vegan/vegetarian diet on the weekends?
    **Check out the toolbar at the bottom of the page and let me know what you think.**

    You may also like these articles:
    Set Goals for Success (naturalrawliving.com)
    Ways To Avoid Returning To Bad Eating Habits (wealthyways4you.com)
    Keep Moving No Matter What (naturalrawliving.com)
    How to Start Eating Raw (thebestrawfooddiet.com)
    Reblog this post [with Zemanta]