Friday, February 5, 2010

Keep Moving No Matter What

I have been struggling for several weeks to eat healthy.  Yes, I know what to do and how to do, but I find myself not doing.  I am at a standstill and I don't know which way to go. Well, I know the way to go, but it is up to me to keep moving.  I must keep moving no matter what.

Here are a few things that I believe have really hurt my journey.
  • Emotional Eating.  A few weeks ago I hit a financial snag, but I'm okay now.  During that time I got down and I was eating whatever, I thought I was big and bad enough to put in my mouth.  Emotional eating is a serious issue and must be dealt with honestly.  Prayer is the key for me.
  • Continuous Learning.  I have many books that I need to finish reading, but I find myself at a standstill with my reading.  I do better when I read something everyday because it helps me stay focused.  I am also learning and I enjoy learning.
  • Staying Connected.  I am a member of a few raw food groups, but I very seldom visit the sites.  Yeah, shame on me.  When I started my journey, I got a lot of inspiration, motivation and encouragement from those groups.  I will carve out time in my schedule each to visit those groups and interact some awesome people. 
  • Planning and Preparing.  I know how important it is to have a plan and to be prepared, yet I have failed at both.  I once spoke to a youth group about this very subject.  I told them "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail."  This has been the case for me on this journey and I need to take my own advice.
Whenever you find yourself wondering off your path, what do you do?  Please share, because I need to know and I believe this will help others who are experiencing the same thing.

Have an awesome weekend!  :)

Until next time...

Evelyn Parham