Below are ways you can prepare and organize:
- Keep a written journal. Writing helps you stay prepared. Try writing your menu plan for the week and sticking to it. It helps to refer to your your menu plan often so that you will stay focused.
- Shop from your list. Once you have your menu plan in hand, then go shopping. Purchase only those items you will need for the week and stick with your list.
- Visualize your success. See your success for the week. Do not worry about falling off the wagon, just focus on eating healthy one day at at a time.
- Action plan for success. You are ready for a week of healthy eating (armed and dangerous). Keep your plan of action always in your mind. Example: If you smell incredible food aromas that make your mouth water, then you decide how you will react in advance.
- Pack your lunch box. If you know you will be away from your home for a certain amount of time, then pack your lunch box full of raw goodness.
- Purchase the appropriate amount of produce. Produce has a short shelf-life, so do not purchase more than you can eat with in the time frame. You will end up wasting money and you do not want that.
- Allow time for fruit ripening. There are some fruits that must ripen before you can eat them. Example: Bananas - do not eat a green banana, allow time for the development of a few brown spots. Persimmons - do not eat a firm/hard persimmon because it will not be very sweet, allow time for the persimmon to soften.
- Soaking and sprouting. Base your soaking and sprouting needs on your weekly menu plan. Always have nuts, seeds and/or legumes soaking so you will have a steady supply.
How do you prepare and organize for successful raw food eating?
Happy hump day! :)