Monday, November 30, 2009

Staying on Your Course



"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.  There is always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe that your critics are right.  To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a very timely quote because over the weekend I found out that Paul Nison has added small amounts of animal product to his diet and that Victoria Boutenko eats a little steamed vegetables.  Paul and Victoria know that their bodies need something and so they do what they feel is right for their bodies. 

It doesn't matter what the critics say about Paul and Victoria, because they have the courage to come out and say what they are doing to maintain their health.  I respect them even the more for being open and honest.  This is very helpful for others who are making healthy lifestyle changes.  We have to always remember that raw food is not a religion, but a lifestyle change.

The longer I am on this raw vegan journey the more I learn about myself and my body.  A week ago, I was eating more seeds and nuts, it seemed like I couldn't get enough.  Well, guess what I listened to my body and gave it that much needed fat and protein.

There are other things that I will change, because I don't want to be nutrient deficient and I want to continue feeling and looking good for the long haul. 

Changes
  • Legumes (sometimes cooked/sprouted)
  • Grains (sometimes cooked/sprouted)
  • Supplements (so far I take B-12 with folic acid, MSM and have recently added Vitamin D +  K and a digestive enzyme).  I will add a multi-vitamin soon.  I say soon, because I must order this online and I don't have it yet.
  • Steamed vegetables
  • Consistent exercising
Be courageous and stay on your course no matter what the critics say.  You will find that by doing so, you will be happier and have a greater sense of direction.

Have a great Monday!  :)