Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Learning Time - Raw Food Guide #2

You have decided to add more raw living foods to your diet, but you don't know where to begin.  You may feel overwhelmed because of all the information out here, but don't let that get you down.  Learn at your own pace and do what makes sense to you. 

The first thing I did when I started my raw food journey was purchase a boat load of super foods.  You know I made someone very happy when they received my order. I learned a valuable lesson, but it took me a little while to get the lesson.  I learned to do my research and that everything that glitters definitely is not gold.

Reasons why you should learn all you can
  • Informed.  Being informed will help you make better choices in the foods you eat.  Not only that, but you will know the benefits of eating those foods 
  • Knowledgeable. You will know your topic.  Family and friends will call you up, just to ask you what they can do to have better health.  A true expert at work.
  • Recognize Fools Gold.  You will begin sifting out those authorities/experts that you once thought glittered like the finest gold.  Your eyes will open to what you find to be true for you.
  • Listen to Your Body.  Listen very closely to your body and not to someone else's body.  If someone says, "Raw chocolate makes me feel so good, man you don't know what you're missing,"  Raw chocolate may not agree with you and you act accordingly by listening to your body.
 Don't be easily misled any raw food guru.  You be your own guru and you will never go wrong. 

Peace!

Evelyn