Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How To Choose the Right Cleanse


One of my You Tube subscribers posed a very good question to me. What do I think is the best or healthiest way to cleanse?  I will share with you what I think, but I will also share with you the different ways you can cleanse your body internally.

I am no expert in this area, but I know what worked for me and maybe you can find what works best for you.  During my time of doing cleanses, I have done the Master Cleanse, Herbal Cleanses, Green Cleanses, and Water Cleanses.  The most effective one for me was the Master Cleanse and Green Cleanse.

Notice the cleanses that were the most effective were the ones where I continued getting  vitamins and nutrients that my body needed.  This is a lot easier than doing a water fast. Most experts on fasting do not recommend you do a water fast for more than 1-3days without supervision.
                                                                                                           
Recommendations
  1. Do your research before doing a cleanse of any kind.  There are many ways you can cleanse. Just choose what's best for you.  The best thing is that you do not have to stop eating.  You can do green smoothies, juices and even eat raw foods.  
  2. Know you and what you can and cannot tolerate.  Do not try to do a water fast because Ms. Clean is doing a water fast.  You may not be able to handle a water fast.  Listen to your body and do what works best for you.
  3. Try fasting or doing some type of cleanse just once a week.  Take one day out of the week or even the month to have nothing but juices or green smoothies along with lots of water.  Taking it nice and slow will help you work up to doing longer fasts and cleanses in the future.  
Some Ways You Can Cleanse
  • Water Fasting
  • Juice Fasting
  • Green Smoothie Fasting/Green Cleanses
  • Herbal Detoxing Kits
  • Herbal Laxatives and Herbal Teas
  • Food Fasts (example:  watermelon fast, where you eat nothing but watermelon for a certain amount of time).
  • Saunas
  • Dry Skin Brushing
  • Massages
My Experience

My first experience with cleanses was with the Master Cleanse.  The MC is when you drink a lemonade drink for 10 days or more.  After completing the MC for ten (10) days plus, I noticed my skin looked better and I lost a few pounds, but I knew that once I returned to eating that some of the pounds would return.

Right now,  I will  not do the MC.  I just don't believe that is for me anymore.  When I do any type of cleanse, I usually do a water and fresh juice cleanse/fast, green smoothie cleanse, and I eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

I have tried water fasting and had planned to go for seven (7) days, needless to say, I had to end that fast on day five (5).  If I ever do a water fast again, I will definitely be under some sort of supervision.  I know my body can't handle that, so I do not even attempt to do water fasts.  Sometimes, I water fast for one day, but that is about as long as I fast using water.

Do your research and find out what cleanses are out here.  I hope this answers your question and that you find what works best for you.

Happy Tuesday everyone!  :)

Photo from: The Colon Cleanse Recipe Site