Friday, November 13, 2009

The Healer Within



Do you know someone who puts so much trust and confidence in their doctor, so much so, that they forget to listen to their bodies (the healer within)?  I have 2 stories that I'd like to share with you today.

A friend  wants me to do a menu plan to assist her in losing weight.  I am happy to do this, but I wonder how disciplined she will be.

Most people want a quick fix and don't want to stick with a plan for the long haul and when the weight does not come off as fast as they had anticipated, they jump ship.  Anything worth having is worth working for.

When I have assisted people in the past, they did not stick with the plan and it left me a little sour.  Some look at changing their diet as a dreadful chore.

But it is your body we're talking about here and you only get one chance at life, so why not go the extra mile to make sure your body runs perfectly.  We do that with our cars, so why not do that with our bodies.

My friend told me that her doctor told her that she needed to lose some weight, but the doctor did not tell her  what she needed to do to lose the weight.

Even though the doctor told her to lose the weight, it did not sink in until she found herself getting out of breath walking to her mailbox.

Getting out of breath scared her into making a change in her diet.  But it took the doctor telling her first that she needed to lose some weight for it all to register.

Story #2  

I have a relative who has diabetes.  If you read this, hopefully the message will hit home.  My cousin asked me about raw foods, but she made sure to tell me that "my doctor" says I can't eat a lot of greens because it will mess up my stomach and I don't need the ruffage.  Cousin you need that fiber to help move things along.

I told her that she could still get her greens in by blending them in a smoothie.  Well, I hope you do something cousin so that you can feel better soon.

The reason I shared these stories is because I want people to realize that they are the master of the own bodies and health.  The doctor will only treat the symptoms, which does not result in true healing.

True healing is when you have gotten to the root cause of the problem.

The healer lies within you and God giving you the wisdom and the knowledge to usher in your healing.

Wake up the healer within and let the healing begin.

Have an awesome weekend!  :)