Friday, November 6, 2009

Good Health is a Reason to Eat More Plant-Based Foods

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to listen live (webinar) to Reverend George Malkmus, the author of Why Christians Get Sick and founder of Hallelujah Acres.  Thanks, Malachi for sharing this information in your Raw Love UK Newsletter.

Even though I have read Rev. Malkmus's testimony in his book Why Christians Get Sick, it was a tremendous blessing and an inspiration to actually hear Rev. Malkmus's testimony about his experience with cancer.  Long story short, Rev. Malkmus had cancer 34 years ago and he is alive and well to tell how he overcame that cancer.  He was 42 years old when he was diagnoised with cancer.


He had a cancerous tumor the size of a baseball and did not receive any treatment.  You're probably wondering, how on earth did Rev. Malkmus ever do that.  He changed his diet to a plant-based diet and hasn't looked back.  **Always do what is best for you in your situation.**

Rev. Malkmus's testimony and others I have read are truly a testament that a plant-based diet gives life to the body, mind, and spirit.  It opens my eyes to God's original diet plan for man.  In Genesis 1:29 God tells Adam the food He has created for him (Adam) to eat.

It is amazing how God lays out the foundation in the beginning, but yet we have strayed so far from God's original plan. Here is what God said in Genesis 1:29 "And God said, "Look!  I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food."

A plant-based diet speaks volumes to me.  There is truly life in plant-based foods and that is why raw living foods (vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds) make so much sense to me.

I have seen loved ones pass away from terminal illnesses prematurely.  When I reflect on what their diet consisted of, it saddens me because I now know that if they would have changed their diet, they would probably be living today.

I remember my loved ones eating large amounts of meat at every meal, with very little vegetable and fruit intake.  This was their way of eating for their whole life on earth.

Many of us do not connect our diet with our health, I was once one of those people.  When you know better, then you do better.

I am convinced that the body cannot continue to thrive on hearty meals filled with the best cuts worst cuts of meat and little to no plant foods in the mix.  The body will slowly, but surely deteriorate.  Don't take my word for it, do your own research.

Would you drive around in your vehicle without ever giving it a wash or a service?  No, you wouldn't, because you would not want the body of that vehicle to rust away and I'm quit sure you would also want to keep on rolling without any problems.  Don't you think your body deserves even better care than your vehicle?

Begin today giving your body the best food.  This is the food God gave us originally to eat "And God said, Look!  I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food."  Genesis 1:29

Your health is in your hands and what you do with it now will determine how you live tomorrow.

Have a blessed and peaceful weekend!  :)