Friday, October 9, 2009

Struggling to Stay On the Wagon

Are you struggling with staying on the raw food wagon?  Well, I am and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I'm not doing all that bad, but sometimes I fall and it can be hard getting back up. 

I found a great post about staying on the wagon and I'd like to share a few things in the post that caught my attention, then I'll send you away so you can read the post for yourself.

The post title is 24 Ways to Stay on the Wagon written by Yafa Sakkejha on June 3, 2009.

Points that Spoke Volumes to Me
  • Transition slowly.  We tend to fail in our health plans and goals because we do too much too quickly.  When our goals don't seem attainable we give up and throw in the towel.  
  • Set attainable goals.  I've been saying for a while that I have an issue with junk foods, but  I haven't set a realistic goal.  I should simply say for 2 days, I will not eat this junk and simply take it one day at a time.  
  • Eat foods that block cravings.  Yafa says drink green juices or smoothies along with other things.  I've found green juices or smoothies actually work.
  • Treat junk food as if it's heroin...because it is.  Believe it or not, after I read this and all that Yafa had to say about breads, sugars and food addictions, it has been a lot easier for me to avoid junk food.
  • Educate yourself on the scientific details.  I've found that when I do this, I am more likely to leave all the bad stuff alone and stick with the good stuff.
  • Distract yourself with another guilty pleasure.  After 10 minutes, the food craving will likely be gone. This really does work, you should try it.
If you are struggling with staying on the wagon, then go over and check out Yafa's 24 Ways to Stay on the Wagon.  This article helped me tremendously and I know you will find it helpful too.  Now go pay Yafa a visit, you'll be glad you did!

24 Ways to Stay on the Wagon:  House of Verona.

Have a wonderful weekend!  :)