Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Renewing of the Mind


  Follow your heart and it will lead the way to your true spirit.
My journal, what I write in everyday and it helps me stay focused.

I stated in a recent post that I would tell you what I am doing and how the Green Smoothie Challenge is helping me stay on the wagon.  I joined the Green Smoothie Challenge with a few friends on YouTube.  Day 1 of the challenge started on Monday, October 12, 2009 and we will do this challenge for 10 days.

This challenge has really helped me stay focused on eating healthier.  Not only that, but I am eating a diet full of raw foods.  It is amazing how we can do things, when we have our minds prepared and set.

Malachi the Raw Food Chef of Raw Love UK made this comment on a recent blog post, " yh transition speaks of transformation, and we are not transformed by will power but by the RENEWING OF THE MIND!!! in the mind THEN the MOUTH" 

I have found this to be true for me in this challenge.  Will power alone will not keep you from eating that candy bar, but it is the renewing/changing of the mind, that will keep you.  Once I read and heard from experts how excessive sugar and junk foods effect the body, the seed was planted in my mind to stay away from those types of foods.

A few things I've been doing since I started the Green Smoothie Challenge.
  • Rising early (Thanks to Jennifer's recent post)
  • Praying and reading the Bible more.
  • Exercising
  • Planning the night before
  • Keeping a journal
  • Telling myself, that I can do this
  • Connecting with other like-minded people
  • Staying positive
A few things I've noticed since beginning the Challenge. (I actually started on Sunday)
  • Eating 100% raw foods, with the exception of some steamed broccoli on Sunday.
  • More focused on my goals
  • More creative
  • Better digestion
  • Feel better
  • Skin breakouts are clearing up
  • Content with life
When we set our minds to do something, there is nothing that can stop us.  I mean nothing!!

Join me on  Natural Raw Living Radio, Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 9:00 PM eastern standard time as we discuss, Struggling to Stay on the Wagon." 

I count it a blessing to have others to draw strength from.  We can't make it in this world by ourselves.

Have a great hump day!  :)