Monday, October 26, 2009

Increasing Your RSS Feed Subscribers

I discovered on Saturday, October 24, 2009, that my RSS subscribers had increased from 5 to 254.



 

How did this happen?  I know that feedburner is not always accurate and I thought my account had gotten crossed with another feedburner account.

I did a little investigating and found the number increase was due to my friend feed account.  When the number of my friend feed subscribers reached 150, that's when my RSS number increased.  I took my friendfeed account for granted, but not anymore.  I am happy to have the increase, but numbers don't always tell the real story.

If you want to increase your RSS subscribers, then here is what you can do.

Open a friend feed account


My feed status that subscribers see.


Add your services to friend feed.  


Click the blogging button to add your blog.  Enter your link information and click the Import Blog button.


After I reached 150 friend feed subcribers my RSS subscribers increased.


Your friend feed account is connected to your feed burner stats.  This creates a greater chance for your blog post to reach a wider number of people.  If you are interested in increasing your RSS subscribers, then you should consider opening a friendfeed account today.