Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spaghetti and No-Meat Balls


One of my favorite cooked meals was spaghetti and meatballs, but I love the uncooked version better. Spaghetti and no-meatballs the uncooked way is healthier and even more tasty than you could ever imagine.

The good thing about making spaghetti and no-meat balls is that you can always add whatever flavors you want. There is no such thing as messing up.

I used the Marinara Sauce recipe from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet. The very first time I made this marinara sauce, I loved it. I've tried other recipes, but I always keep coming back to this one.

No-Meat Balls from Raw Food Made Easy

1 cup soaked raw walnuts
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon tamari (if you do not use tamari, like me, you can use Celtic salt to taste)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash salt
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of minced onion

Place the walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, tarmari/Celtic salt, garlic powder, and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process into a paste. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Stir in the parsley and onion and mix well. Form the pate into 2 or 3 balls and place on a serving plate. Cover each ball with a thin coating of the Marinara Sauce and serve immediately. Use a zucchini squash for the noodles. Make noodles using a vegetable peeler of vegetable spirializer.

Enjoy! :)