Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Juicing is Good for You



I will  juice fast very soon. At this time, I am reading and preparing my mind, body and spirit for this fast.  It is hard for me to believe that I am even considering a juice fast.  You're probably wondering, "why would Evelyn say that?"

When I first started on my raw food journey, I came across information from a raw food expert, who stressed that we should eat our foods whole.  There are no juicers in nature, so why would you want to juice your food?

I leaned toward this way of thinking for quite some time, but I am not ashamed to tell you that I have changed and I believe that juicing is okay and that it is actually good for you.  I have read the testimonies of others benefiting from juicing and the remarkable results they've received.


I should juice because there are powerful

  • Vitamins in fresh juices
  • Minerals in fresh juices  
  • Fluids in fresh juices
  • Enzymes in fresh juices
  • Amino acids in fresh juices
  •  and Chlorophyll
Imagine drinking a glass of juice packed with all of the above going immediately into your blood stream and your cells are saying, "Thank you so very much."

Benefits of Juice Fasting
  • Brings life
  • Helps eliminate toxins via the liver, large intestine, kidneys, skin and lymphatic system.
  • Boosts your health
  • Healing powers



I'll leave you with a few juice recipes from The Juice Fasting Bible: Discover the Power of an All-Juice Diet to Restore Good Health, Lose Weight and Increase Vitality.

A POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT
1 orange, with peel (make sure this is organic)
1 lemon, peeled
1 pomegranate, its seeds and flesh
2-inch slice fresh pineapple
2 apricots, pitted
1 cup pureed blueberries

HELPS RELIEVE CONSTIPATION
2 spinach, dandelion, or cabbage leaves
1 green apple, with skin (make sure this is organic)
4 oz. dried prunes, pits removed
4 oz. figs, fresh if possible, otherwise dried
2 oz. of fresh rhubarb (red stalk only)
2 oz. fresh cherries (optional), pits removed.
Soak dried fruit in water overnight so they are soft enough to pass through the juicer

ACTS AS AN ANTIBIOTIC AND ANTISEPTIC FOR ALL INFECTIONS, ELIMINATES PARASITES
1 carrot
1/2 beetroot, including some green tops
2 spinach leaves
2 apples, with skin (make sure organic)
1/2-inch fresh ginger root
1/2-inch horseradish root
1 clove garlic (optional) or 1/2 red onion
1/2 cup watercress (optional)
May want to dilute with water

POWERFUL LIVER CLEANSER
1 grapefruit, peeled but with  pith
1/2 cup green string beans (make sure organic)
3 broccoli florets
2 Brussels sprouts
1 carrot
Dilute by half with water

ANTIAGING JUICE
5 oz. blueberries or blackberries
5 oz raspberries
1/2-inch fresh ginger root
1/2 clove garlic or 1/4 red onion
1 grapefruit with white pith
1 orange, pith on

 Just a little humor to brighten your day.


Have an awesome day!  :D