Friday, September 18, 2009

Falling Off the Wagon and Starting Fresh


It has been and continues to be a challenge for me to stay on my healthy raw food journey.  I have fallen again, but I am not broken.  Let me tell about the issues that I am having and then I will tell you how I will overcome those issues.

My Issues

  • I am the only one who eats a raw food diet.  It is easy to fall of the wagon when I have family members bringing cookies, candy bars, potato chips and other junk foods in the house. I pray for more self-control and willpower.
  • I am not prepared.  When I do not prepare in advance, I end up eating foods that I should not eat. I believe the mind and body work together as one, and if the mind is not focused then the body will follow.
  • I have a sugar addiction.  I am not ashamed to admit this.  I know by getting this out in the open, it will help me address the problem. 


My Plan 
  • Fast.  I will do a 7-day juice fast to cleanse my mind, body and soul.  During my fast, I will pray, read my bible, and meditate. 
  • Colon hydrotherapy.  I will have a colonic the second day of my 7-day juice fast.  I am a little afraid to do this, but I know it is something that I must do.
  • Wheat grass juicer.  I will purchase a manual wheat grass juicer so that I can juice green leafy vegetables.
  • Read more.  I have so much information that I need to read. This will help keep my mind focused on on being a healthier person..
  • Exercise.  I am a very lazy person when it comes to exercise.  Even though I do not have a weight problem, exercise is a must no matter how much you weigh.
  • Raw food diet change.  Since I have a sugar addiction, I will follow Dr. Cousen's recommendations in his book entitled Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine. I will follow Phase I for as long as I feel I need to. Phase I  includes, greens, vegetables, nuts and seeds, and grasses. Phase I does not include any fruit, but I can eat salad fruits such as tomatoes, red bell peppers, avocado, and cucumbers, etc.  I will eat more than what I have listed, but I will share more about this is future posts.
  • Raw food vegan.  I will  eat 100% of my foods uncooked, but if I eat  80% of my foods uncooked, it will not be the end of the world.


Every Friday, I will do a post, letting you know how I did for the week.  Today I am doing a 1 day water fast. When I start the 7-day juice fast I will keep you posted.

I know what to do and how to do it.  Now I will  go and do the right thing.

Have a wonderful weekend!