Great bloggers all share one virtue in common: They infuse their writing with a triple shot of personality. Let your personality flow into your blogging and your readers will find you. ~Jeffery Feldman, editor in chief of Frameshop and HuffPost blogger.
1. Blog often - If you want to increase your readership, then you must blog often. Set a blogging schedule and stick to it. I try to blog 5-7 times a week, posting 1-3 times per day.
2. Don't worry about being perfect - I have found that when I focus on being perfect, I don't write as well. I am leaning to go with the flow.
3. Write the way you speak - This works great, because it allows your true self to shine through and that's what most people are looking for. Keep it real!
4. Focus on specific details - I don't ever finish reading someone's post if they are chasing rabbits. Its just a waste of my time. Stay on point and make it specific.
5. Own your topic - If you post about something, you should be the expert. This will increase your chances of your ideas being insightful and on point with your readers.
6. Know your audience - Find out what grabs your audience and roll with it. When I write more passionately about a certain topic, I always get more feedback. Something I was not expecting at all.
7. Write short - I personally don't like reading long posts. My attention span is not too long. If the post peeks my interest, then I end up forcing myself to read the post.
8. Join conversation with like-minded blogs - Follow those blogs that lean toward your way of thinking. Don't just be a follower of a blog, but try participating in the conversation by leaving an insightful or helpful comment.
Source: The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging
Happy hump day! :)