Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Watermelon, Oh, How I Love Thee


There is nothing better than eating watermelon from your own back yard. They were not overly sweet, but just right. A few months ago, I posted the type of watermelons, I was planting, but I never in my wildest dreams, knew the watermelons would be the best I ever had. Please see my post about a few things about watermelons.

I've been eating watermelon going and coming. Here is a picture of a few of the watermelons that I grew this year.


Next planting season, I will plant them earlier than I did and grow even more. I've given a few watermelons away (random acts of kindness). I gave a very nice cashier lady a watermelon, my cousin, uncle and a few elderly people. So far everyone has said they are the best watermelons they had ever had.


I encourage you, if at all possible to grown your own fruits and veggies. Prepare to harvest the best produce you've ever tasted in your life.

Until next time...