Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Noritos


I love burritos and came across a recipe in the Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine book by Dr. Gabriel Cousens. I am learning to take a recipe and make it my own, by adding whatever ingredients I desire. I recommend you do the same.

I used nori sheets, hence noritos and made a burrito. This is a great way to incorporate sea vegetables in your diet. Feel free to add whatever you like to your burrito filling. I will definitely make noritos again.

This recipe has been modified. I added what I wanted to the my burrito filling. Below is the recipe and I hope that you give this a try.

2 sheets nori (use more if you have more people)
1 avocado (use more if you have more people)
juice of 1/2 of a lemon (less or more if you like)
a handful of grape tomatoes (cut, do not leave whole) or a tomato diced
2-4 leaves romaine lettuce leaves washed and dried
small handful of arugula (tear the leaves if you like)
1 T olive oil (if you like)
Celtic salt to taste

Additions: Olives, sprouts, green onions, sour cream (raw vegan of course) and your favorite herbs and spices.

Mix avocado, salt, lemon, and oil together by hand in bowl (mixture should be chunky). Stir in tomatoes, arugula and other goodies that you like. Place nori sheets on flat surface and top with whole romaine leaves so that entire surface area is covered (moisture causes nori to disintegrate). Spoon avocado mixture onto leaves and roll as if making a burrito. Store in sealed container for up to 4 hours.

I didn't store my noritos, I ate them immediately after preparing them. If you are traveling, then this would be a good food for travel.

Enjoy!