Friday, August 28, 2009

Getting Bored with Eating Salads



Do you find yourself getting bored with eating salads? Well, I can't lie, I get bored with salads. But I have found a way to jazz up my salads by doing one simple thing. That one simple thing lies in the salad dressing.

My raw food sister friend Starla shared her recipe for Mango Lime Dressing on her blog. I tried this dressing and all I can say is, "yummo." This mango lime dressing made my salad pop with amazing flavor and I will have it again.

Whenever you find yourself getting bored with salads, try creating your own salad dressings. You can use anything your heart desires, be creative. Whatever flavors you like, mix it up and own it. Who knows, your dressing may be so tasty that friends will beg you to bring your delicious salad dressing to the party.

Mango Lime Dressing

1 mango
1-2 cloves of garlic
juice of 1 lime
a splash of apple cider vinegar (if you like)
a little olive oil (if you like)
a little salt to taste (if you like)
a little cayenne pepper to taste (if you like)
a little stevia to taste or any other sweetener that you use

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!

Have a wonderful day!