Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 5 - A Success

Just a quick post to let you know that all went well on day 5 of the 21 Day Raw Food Challenge. I had no desire to eat any pretzels and I believe my taste for salt is going away. I made spaghetti and no meat balls and did not add much salt at all. I thought that was great.

I am loving raspberries so much these days. I made the most delicious smoothie and I couldn't believe how fast I guzzled it down..ooops. I know drink smoothies slow, savor the moment and don't forget to chew. This isn't a very sweet smoothie, but it is sweet enough for me. Oh, the coconut oil gave it the the kick it needed. Yummo!

Here is what I added to my Rocking Raspberry Smoothie.

2 Frozen Bananas (all I had in the house)
1 cup of Fresh Raspberries
A big handful of Spinach
about a tablespoon of Bee Pollen (I didn't measure)
about 1 or 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil (no measuring)
1 - 1 1/2 cups of Water
Blend and enjoy!

A Few Things About Raspberries
  • Contains powerful antioxidants
  • Promotes healthy nails, bones, teeth and skin
  • Soothes the urinary tract
  • Red raspberry tea is an awesome tea for pregnancy
  • Dried raspberry leaves help regulate the menstrual cycle
Until next time... :D