Tuesday, August 25, 2009

10 Tips for Staying on a Raw Food Diet


I am not where I would like to be in my raw food journey, but I am not where I use to be. At this time, I am working on cutting the junk foods out of my diet. Everything has an order and I guess junk foods are the last foods on my list to get the boot. Here are some tips that I use to help me stay on my raw food diet.

1. Focus on the importance of being healthy and keep it always in your mind. Health is your wealth. When your health is gone there's nothing much you can do.

2. Keep reading and studying about raw foods and nutrition. Immerse yourself in anything you can find. Eventually you will be an expert.

3. Don't ever think you are depriving yourself of anything. Realize that your body is getting what it needs. Remember to always listen to your body.

4. Plan your meals and try to keep them simple. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

5. Eat before going to any function where food is the main attraction. Bring a raw food dish to the gathering. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then don't attend.

6. Find a few raw food mentors who make sense to you. If a mentor's main focus is selling you health in a bottle...run far away from them.

7. Don't push your way of eating on others. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

8. Eat a variety of fresh fruits and veggies. Variety is the spice of life and it helps keep things fresh and new.

9. Stick to what you are doing even when others think you are strange. Eventually people will ask you what your are doing. They'll want to know your secret because you will look amazing.

10.When people ask questions, answer them in a way that gets them thinking, but yet educates them at the same time. I was asked this question. How do you eat raw foods? I answered them by saying, "the same way you eat cooked foods, one bite at a time."

Have an awesome day and remember to KIR (keep it raw)!