Friday, July 3, 2009

My Raw Food Update

Hello Everyone!

Posting and Reading

I haven't posted in a few days and it is usually my goal to post everyday. I needed to step away from the blog and regroup. During the time that I've been taking a break, I have been reading Paul Nison's book The Raw Life: Becoming Natural in an Unnatural Word. I enjoyed the Raw Knowledge section in the book. The Raw Knowledge section is a section of the book when Paul interviews people like Dr. Fred Bisci, Dr. Brian Clement, Dr. Aris LaTham, Dr. Graham and others. I have learned a lot from this section, because it shows me that everyone is not doing the same things, but they are enjoying their raw life and are healthy. It is a good read especially for those who are just starting the raw food diet.

Raw Food Journey

I have decided to eat as close to 100% raw as I can during the week, if I desire something cooked (steamed vegetables, vegan meals) then I will not deny myself that option and I will not beat myself up for eating those foods. I will only eat cooked foods on the weekends if I desire to do so. I have followed this plan this week and it has been very easy for me to stay focused.

Raw Food Contest - Book Give Away

I offered a Raw Food Book Give Away a few weeks ago and I do have someone who is a follower of this blog who will receive a book. Tina of the Peanutbutter Renaissnace blog you are a winner. I will send you an email very soon so that I can get you your book. Thanks for entering the contest and best wishes.

Remember: Don't ever be hard on yourself when you are making changes. Just have fun and go with the flow and take one day at a time.

Have a wonderful weekend and be safe!