Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Expert Within


When I ventured out on my raw food journey, I read a lot of information from experts/experienced people in the raw food arena. I have learned through trial and error, that no one diet works for everyone, even though some experts would have you believe differently. I am still learning and reading new things everyday.

I remember reading a woman's cry advice on a forum board. She discussed how she had been sticking to a raw food diet regimen and was having some issues. Here are some of the issues she was experiencing at the time - 1). hair loss, dry hair 2). brittle nails 3). low energy level. At the time, I was very new to raw foods and I thought this woman, must not be following the diet to the letter, but I now realize that the diet she was trying to adhere to, may not have been the right diet for her.

When the body doesn't get the proper amount of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals or if something is missing, then, the body will let us know in different ways. If a certain diet is not working for you, then stop following that diet and see how your body reacts.

I have read many books and I am always impressed by the testimonials supporting that dietary regimen. I often wonder if those people are still following the recommended diet regimen and if they are doing well. When we make dietary changes, we will usually see and experience changes in the beginning, but will the diet sustain and keep us healthy for the long haul?

If I have been following a diet regimen for a certain amount of time and I develop problems with my hair, skin, nails or any other issue, it would be a sure sign that my body is not getting what it needs by following that particular diet regimen.

I don't believe for one second that a well-balanced diet (a diet that is best for your body) will cause hair loss, pale skin, brittle nails or a decrease in energy (things should improve). If you have been following a recommended diet regimen for a while, and you are still having some issues, then you need to listen to your body and make some adjustments/changes to your diet.

No single diet or supplemental regimen works for everyone. Each of us comes to the table with different needs and requirements, based on our genetic and biochemical make-up.

Follow your body's lead because your body will never lie to you, but the experts will lie to you to make a dollar.

The true expert lies within You! Believe that!!


Until next time...