Friday, June 5, 2009

Zucchini Blossoms Stuffed with Sprouted Quinoa


I prepared Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms without deep frying them like everyone mostly does.

A friend on YouTube suggested that I stuff the zucchini blossoms that are in the garden with a delicious raw stuffing and I did just that. I had never heard anything about eating the blossoms/flowers from the zucchini plant until my friend suggested it. I'll try anything once.

I searched the Internet to find a raw food recipe and could never find one. There is quite a bit of information on how to stuff the blossom with cheese, meats, and rice, but not much information on the raw living food side of things.

Needless to say, I tried stuffing a zucchini blossom with a raw living food filling. I must say it was quite tasty. But the next time, I stuff a zucchini blossom, I will use a nut pate or a seed cheese. Overall, it is something I would try again.
Sprouted Quinoa

Female Zucchini Blossoms

Male Zucchini Blossoms

Remove the stamen and wash well

Ingredients Used in Stuffing (sprouted quinoa, chopped zucchini, cilantro, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, a little olive oil)

Additional ingredients (coriander, turmeric, Celtic salt, herbamere, cayenne pepper)

Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms

The stuffing was quite tasty and I will do this again, but next time I will use a nut pate or a seed cheese with some of my favorite herbs and spices.

Squash blossoms are edible. Try some edible blossoms by adding them to a salad or a dessert.

Take care! :)