Monday, June 1, 2009

Water Fasting



Hi Everyone!
I took a mini-break from blogging, but now I'm back.  During my time away, I did a water fast and it was a challenge.  My goal was to fast for 7 days, but I only fasted for 5 days.  Water fasting is no joke.

The first 3 days of the water fast were very easy for me.  I felt great, had lots of energy and very little detoxing was happening.  I said, "yeah, I can do this."  When I got to days 4 and 5, I was hit with a ton of bricks.  I got very weak, had very little energy, and needed to rest a lot.  I even had chills and hot flashes.  I ended the fast after day 5. 

My skin is softer and a rash I had cleared up.  Overall, I feel better mentally and physically and I recommend that you give fasting a try.

This fast was not about cleansing my body or detoxing, but more about my spiritual health with God.  I enjoyed the fast and learned a lot about myself and spent time with God.  I will definitely do the fast again.  When?  I have no idea.

Garden Update:

I wanted to quickly tell you that the garden is doing well.  I've been harvesting zucchini and they are so beautiful, not to mention the taste is out of this world.  Check out my zucchini.  I'll be making zucchini pesto today.  I'll definitely share it with you.  Take care and have a happy Monday.

The largest zucchini 7 1/2 inches long.