Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tips on Staying Focused


I am very focused this week and have been very successful with eating raw foods. Here is what I am doing and I hope that you try this and have as much success as I am having this week.

Staying Focused
  1. Plan your day-- by writing a time schedule including all the things you will do in the allotted time. Do your best to stick to the your plan.
  2. Pre-plan your meals -- when you plan your day, plan your meals too. Sit down and decide what you will eat for the next day...write it down and stick to it.
  3. Keep a journal -- record/write down any challenges you are having and how you overcame those challenges for that day. **Monday was a little hard for me, but when I had the desire to eat sweets...I simply grabbed some fruit. By Wednesday, my desire for the junk foods and some cooked foods has gone away.
  4. Stick to your plan -- no matter what comes your way stick to your plan. Refer to your written plan several times throughout the day. Do whatever it takes for you to stay the course. Find what works best for you.
  5. Read and learn -- as much as you can about eating raw foods. Become your own Raw Food Guru. This is the best thing you could ever do.
  6. Prayer and meditation -- keeps you focused on the goal/plan and helps guide you in the direction that is best for you.
These are some tips that I have learned this week and I have been very successful at sticking to my plan. I am taking one day at a time, no more and no less.

If I have a plan and my plan is written down, then it is easier for me to stick to the plan, but if I don't write anything down and I don't have a plan, then I end up failing.

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. Start your plan today!

Until next time...