Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Angel Hair Pasta with Basil Sundried Tomato Pesto

I never realized how yummy uncooked foods could be. A challenge was issued to us by one of my Raw Food buddies on YouTube. She wants us to do a Living Food recipe and share with others. That is what this post is all about.

I have never made pesto. I decided to use a recipe from the Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine book by Gabriel Cousens, MD. I wanted to add my own twist to it by adding sun dried tomatoes.

This was one of the best raw food entrees I have tried thus far.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup of Pine Nuts
1/2 - 1 cup of fresh Basil
1/4 cup Olive Oil (add more for a creamier pesto)
3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons of Celtic Salt (or add to your taste)
1 clove Garlic
1/4-1/2 cup Sun dried Tomatoes
1 large Zucchini

Process the olive oil and pine nuts first by pulsing, making sure the pine nuts are slightly crushed. Add the basil, lemon juice, salt, garlic and process. Add sun dried tomatoes at the end. Don't process too much, you want to leave bits/pieces sun dried tomatoes in the pesto.

Serve with angel hair pasta. Use a spiralizer for the zucchini angel hair pasta or use a vegetable peeler for a thicker noodle. You can also serve this delicious pesto with crudites, a salad, crackers, breads, or whatever you like. Enjoy!

Check out my video and get an idea how yummy this dish tastes.