Friday, April 24, 2009

Putting a Percentage on Your Food

I am new to eating raw living foods and have heard people say, "I am 100% raw."  You are probably wondering what that means.  

I think it means that all the food a 100% raw foodist eats is uncooked.  If one is using certain sweeteners, those foods may be cooked/pasteurized.  It is extremely hard eat 100% raw.

I have heard others say they eat 80%, 75%, 60%, of their foods raw.  I guess these people eat mostly raw foods, but eat cooked foods from time to time.  

As long as the other percentage that one is eating is healthy and not junk, then I don't see anything wrong with it.  It will not hurt you to eat a few steamed vegetables.  Some vegetables like broccoli are better eaten steamed.

Some people who say they eat a 100% raw food diet probably eat their fair share of raw junk foods. Is eating a 100% raw food diet good for everyone?  It may be good for some, but not so good for others.

Eat what is healthy and good for your body, but always eat mostly raw living foods. Limit your intake of the raw junk foods.

If you are trying to eat 100% raw, don't be hard on yourself.  I'm not!  

Until next time..