I have learned so much from my raw living food friends. One friend sent me information about Wheat grass and I decided to share the great benefits wheat grass. I have not added wheat grass to my diet yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to know.
What is Wheat Grass?
Wheat grass is the young grass of the common wheat plant. The young grass is juiced or dried into a powder for animal and human consumption. Wheat grass juice/powder provides chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Wheat grass is a vegetable, not a grain. It is considered a cereal grass along with barley, alfalfa, etc.
Chlorophyll is found in wheat grass juice. As a matter of fact it makes up a great portion of the juice (70%). It helps protects against carcinogens, strengthens the cells, detoxifies the liver and bloodstream.
This is a condensed list of the Health Benefits of Wheat Grass Juice, but there are many more benefits.
- Cleanses and rebuilds the bloodstream
- Cures advanced pyorrhea
- Helps prevent tooth decay
- Helps with skin problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Helps keeps the hair from graying and slows the aging process
- Increased energy, strength, endurance, and health
- Improves digestion
- Helps with constipation
- Helps reduce high blood pressure
- Great detoxifier for liver, cells, tissue, and blood
- Improved ability of body to heal wounds
- Helps remove toxic metals
- Helps with dandruff
- Helps with body odor
- Neutralizes carcinogens