Tuesday, April 14, 2009

10 Tips to Making Dietary Changes

Today is Day 1 of the Raw Fu 100 Day Challenge with Bunny Berry and I am participating. I want to share with you 10 things that I have done and will do to ensure my success in this challenge.

1. Focus - If our minds are focused and we are determined, then we can do anything. Our mind is the most powerful tool we have.

2. Pray & Meditate - Prayer and mediation works for me, especially when I am making changes and major decisions in my life. It keeps me grounded.

3. Set goals - Set realistic goals. Start slow and gradually work towards what you want to accomplish.

4. Do not beat yourself up - If I eat something cooked, I will not be hard on myself. I will not give up...I will simply start again.

5. Keep a journal - Write down what you want to accomplish. Write everyday! Write down how you feel, things you ate, and your activities...whatever you feel like writing, write it down.

6. Positive energy and people - Surround yourself with positive people that have your best interest at heart. You don't need any negativity pulling you down. Read, listen, and view positive things as much as possible.

7. Community - Connect with people who have similar interests. Be an active participant in that community, as much as you can.

8. Be prepared - If you know you are eating raw foods or changing your diet, be prepared, so that you will not be easily tempted.

9. Listen - Pay close attention to what your body is telling you. Be sure to listen to your mind and spirit and give them what they need too.

10. Keep trucking - Don't give up...keep on moving in the direction of change. It may take you a while to arrive at your destination, but know that you will arrive.

Best wishes,