Monday, March 2, 2009

Starting the 80/10/10 Way Eating

Today I began doing the 80/10/10 way of eating. It wasn't too hard. I followed Dr. Grahams menu plan that he listed in his book. I feel stuffed, because I don't normally eat that much food, but I realize that my stomach will need to adjust. All in all it was a really great day eating 80/10/10.

What is 80/10/10? Eating the 80/10/10 way is when one eats 80% carbohydrates, 10% protein, and 10% fat. It is a low fat raw vegan way of eating. I did not have any fat until my last meal (1 avocado for guacamole). I put the guacamole on top of a bed of romaine lettuce with a few grape tomatoes. I did not add onions/garlic to my guacamole only cilantro, grape tomatoes, lime juice and a little herbamere. I know I should not be using salt, but I had to add a little.

Tomorrow, I will go to the farmer's market to get enough fruits and vegetables to last me for the week. I am excited about going to the DeKalb International Farmer's Market. I love that they have organic fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices. I'll be like a little kid in a candy store.

Here are photos of what I ate today. Everything, I ate was delicious. I especially enjoyed the butter lettuce with mango (mango salad). I thought I was in heaven, but anyway, here are the photos.

Bananas and Date Sauce


Mango Salad


Guacamole Salad with Tomatoes