Thursday, March 26, 2009

80 10 10 Update


"Our own physical body possesses a wisdom which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders which make no sense." Henry Miller

My journey to raw foods has not been an easy journey at all. I have learned so much and continue to learn as I journey to obtaining better health via eating a healthier diet.

A few weeks ago, I decided to try the 80/10/10 way of eating. I journeyed to the farmer's market to purchase the foods that I would need for the week.

I followed the menu plan and fell off the bandwagon by day 4/5 (can't remember the actual day). I do not feel bad and am trying to not be hard on myself. As a result of falling off the bandwagon, I got very confused about how I am going to do this. I want to continue eating a raw food diet, but I don't know what to do anymore.

I always felt stuffed after eating and very uncomfortable. I do not like that feeling that comes with overeating and I also realized that 2000 calories is too much for me to consume on a daily basis. I am a petite woman who is not overly active and to my knowledge, I do not need 2000 calories a day to be healthy.

I also realized that each person is different. We must pay close attention to how our body reacts to certain changes that we make. If we don't feel better after making the changes, then that particular change is not the best change for our bodies.

I actually went back to square one by doing more reading and more research on the topic, because I really want to continue eating my foods uncooked.

Some portions of Dr. Graham's book, makes sense to me, but when I try to put those principles into practice, they do not agree with my body.

In the future, I will listen to my body's intelligence. What do you think?