Saturday, February 28, 2009

Changing Paths

There are times in our lives when we must change paths.  On February 26, 2009, I changed paths with my hair.  I stepped off the path of wearing locks onto what you see today.


On February 26, 2009, I let go of my locks.  For quite some time, I have not been pleased with my locks.  Why?  There are so many reasons, that I care not to mention in this post.  I like to share one reason with you and that reason is that I love my hair texture.  My hair texture reminds me of my father (God rest his soul) and I love them both.

My intentions were not to cut off my locks.  My husband was going to help me take down my locks, but I couldn't wait.  I actually started the laborious process myself and realized that I simply had to let go.  I got my trusty shears and began to cut.


I'm giving up and getting my shears

As I cut off my locks, I began to reflect on the life changes I had with my locks.  The conception of my daughter, the cancer diagnosis of my father, the death of my father, and the birth of my daughter.   I feel at peace with my decision and I know that I have done the right thing.



I have stepped off that old path onto a new path and changed directions in my life.  I welcome change and growth with open arms.

Blessings,
Evelyn