Saturday, January 24, 2009

Banana Spinach Smoothie

I have decided to begin my detox/cleanse somewhere around February 1.  Right now I am reading Green for Life, by Victoria Boutenko, and hope to finish the book before February 1.  I am planning on doing a green smoothie detox, but I haven't decided for how long.  I will keep you posted.

 I had a banana spinach smoothie on yesterday and the spinach came from my very own garden.  Yummo!  I know some of you are probably thinking that a banana spinach smoothie sounds gross, but I assure you it is so delicious and good for you too.  I find myself really liking green smoothies and my body is thanking me for those smoothies.   Here is the recipe I used for the banana spinach smoothie.

Banana Spinach Smoothie

4 bananas
2-3 handfuls of spinach
water

Directions:  Blend all ingredients.  If desired, replace one or two fresh bananas with one or two frozen bananas.  Enjoy!  Recipe from Frederic Patenaude