Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thansgiving - What am I thankful for?




Happy Thanksgiving!




Today is a day when we reflect on all of our many blessings. Well, I for one think that Thanksgiving should be everyday. Everyday is a day of thankfulness.

I am thankful for my family and my amazing daughter. She has taught me so many things about myself. One is that I can do whatever I set my mind to do (peas on earth challenge). My daughter is 2 years old and 2 years ago, we found out that she has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). My world was shattered and I thought that I would never recover. Two (2) years ago, I thought the worst and was so down hearted, but today I am happy and full of joy.
I have a happy little 2 year old girl, who lives up to her name "Hurricane Hannah." My daughter has come a long way and I will never believe what doctors and scientists say, because I know a higher power who always has the last word. You will not hear me painting my daughter's future in a negative way, I will be painting a future of positiveness and endless possibilities. Whatever she desires to do, I will support her 100%, and I believe she is destined for greatness. My husband believes so strongly that our daughter can go to college one day, if that is her dream, then I will do all in my power to make that dream become a reality.

We must think the best for our children and want the best for them no matter the circumstances. When people say "no that can't be done", God will always say Yes, it can, it shall and it will be done. I am saying all of this to say, that I recently looked at my daughter and got lost in who she is and what she was doing at the time. I got lost in her endless possibilities, her true happiness and easing going spirit. I will always treasure that moment in time. I am glad that God chose me to be my daughter's mother. I think God knew that I would push her and help cultivate the gifts that have been birthed in her.

God bless you and may you have your heart's desires.