Monday, November 17, 2008

Peas on Earth - Day 3

Today was okay for me. The only problem that I am having is flatulence. I will be glad when this is gone, because I don't want to be stinking up every place that I go. (lol) This morning I had a green smoothie. I use the recipe from Frederic Patenaude. (Banana Blueberry Brew). I prepared enough for the next day, so I will have the other half on tomorrow. (1 c. water, 3 bananas, 1 c. frozen blue berry, 1 handful of parsley, 2 leaves kale). I also added some maca powder, bee pollen and some yacon syrup. I am trying different smoothies and trying to find the ones that I like the best.

Later on, I made zucchini hummus using a recipe from "Raw Food Made Easy." I am amazed at how this hummus tasted like bean hummus. I loved this and I had crudites with it. I tried different veggies (celery, carrots, tomatoes) to see which I preferred with the hummus. My choice is carrots. The hummus will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days and I will be experimenting.

I was going to make a nori roll today, but will do that tomorrow. Its so exciting trying and experimenting with recipes. It is amazing how these recipes can be changed to taste like the foods we are so use to eating. Overall, I have to say that it was a very good day.