Friday, November 14, 2008

My first Raw Food Challenge (Peas on Earth) - Raw Fu Holiday Challenge

Well, today is November 14, 2008 and I will begin the Peas on Earth raw food challenge on November 15, 2008. I know this will be a challenge, but I am up for the challenge. On November 15, 2008, my church will have an appreciation for the pastor and dinner will be served afterwards. I already know what I am going to do. Leave immediately after the program is over. I don't want people asking me why I am not eating and have to explain what I am doing, because people will think I have lost my mind. No time for explanations, because I know they would not understand.

I have been getting myself prepared to eat a raw food diet, by doing a lot of research, reading books, purchasing super foods and getting my mind set to do this. Preparation is the key to whatever you set out to do. That is how it's been my whole life. Mind preparation for all things is key to success.

Right now I am drinking a smoothie concoction and it is pretty good. The smoothie has 2 bananas, 1 cup of blue berries, 2 tbs of coconut oil, 1-1/2 cup water, 2 tbs of hemp protein powder, 1 spirulina, 1 tbs of maca powder, 1 tbs cacoa nibs, and some yacon syrup. This is one of the nastiest looking smoothies I have laid eyes on, but it is good.

Bunny Berry has included a workbook for this challenge and it is a wonderful workbook. I plan to follow her suggestions and document this challenge each day. Holiday seasons are the hardest, because of all the good yummy meals that are prepared. This is a real challenge and if I can do this, I can do anything.